If you want to study in the United Kingdom, chances are you will be exposed to considerable red tape and have to apply for a UK study visa.
Several types of student visa may be acquired based on the criteria. For instance, if a student is looking to study a short course and is aged 18 and above, then they can apply for a short term study visa.
Generally, though, a UK study visa is longer in duration since students typically pursue an undergraduate degree, which is 3 or 4 years long. Universities are equipped with a Tier 4 sponsor licence, and students can apply for a Tier 4 student visa.
- Naturally, there are several stipulations that must be met to obtain a UK study visa. The application process begins in earnest once students have admission, which means they can ask their course providers for assistance as well.
- A visa can be applied up to three months before the starting date of your course. Since the visa processing time can vary from one country to another, students should be vigilant and check beforehand so that there are no unfortunate incidents.
- Students must provide various documents like their passport for starters. Recently captured passport-sized photographs are also required. Also, an unconditional offer letter must be submitted as well.
- This document is usually called the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS). Furthermore, evidence of adequate English language skills is also mandatory. For instance, those students who have taken the IELTS examination in a bid to apply for a UK study visa should submit their certificate. This usually refers to students who reside in non-English speaking countries.
- Additionally, financial statements must also be submitted. This is imperative since the university requires empirical evidence that students who are applying for visas have the financial support needed during their stay in the country.
- Proof of financial solidity can be in the form of bank statements or a letter from your financial sponsor or benefactor as well. Coverage should include tuition fees, accommodation and living costs. Generally, a fixed amount must be shown for the visa application to be approved.
- Although it is not always the case, certain students may also need to submit an ATAS certificate. This is only applicable if they are a non-EU/EEA/Swiss student. Applicants must also submit their previous educational documents. They may also be asked to attend an interview or a biometric test.
- Moreover, yet another aspect of the application process for UK study visa is that depending on the student’s country of origin, they may have to take certain medical vaccinations or undergo a tuberculosis test.
- Students who are under 18 years of age and are contemplating applying for a Tier 4 must have written consent from their parents or guardians in their dossier. This is because until they turn 18, they are recognized as minors.
To learn more about UK Student Visa, reach out to the Study Abroad Consultants for help .